What I'm Doing Now
I'm in Canada enjoying its exceptional natural beauty during the final days of summer, visiting family, and attending the weddings of a few of my oldest friends.
These are some points of focus:
- Seeking to deeply understand some of my favorite pieces of technology like Postgres and Rust, and transforming those findings into published material.
- Exercising my attention muscle by putting in more periods of deep thought and intense non-maintenance work. I try to focus on only one thing at a time and shut off my distraction machine.
- Writing an aspirational guide for building software that's simple, robust, and stable without constant human attention.
- Thinking about new places to go for future issues of Passages & Glass.
- Meditating 5+ times a week.
This is a "now page" which itemizes the work and other priorities that I'm concentrating on right now. It's built in the style pioneered by Derek Sivers.
This page was last updated on September 18, 2017.